What's Happening In Lindsay's World???

I hope you enjoy the pictures that make me happy!
Love ya, Linds :)

Monday, July 21, 2008

Our mountain biking adventure :)

Today Tim and I rented some bikes (and helmets) and headed up to Boulder to ride. We went just outside of Boulder to a trail called Batasso. It was a 3 1/2 mile loop, and was luckily a pretty easy ride. Tim and I saw a lady with spandex shorts with funny padding on the butt. We had a good laugh, but halfway through our ride we decided we wanted a pair of those funny looking spandex shorts and an enormous bike seat. As I'm typing this I'm icing my rear end...hahaha...too much info??
After we finished Batasso we went to Nederland to try some of those trails. The lady at the visitor center showed us where to go, and told us they were pretty easy trails. About a half mile into the trail (straight up a bumpy mountain) we decided that we were too tired, and the trail might be too hard. Funny thing...after we returned the bikes to the rental shop and told the guy where we went he just laughed and said they were expert trails. hahaha. Stupid visitor center lady.
Anyhoo...after we gave up on the "expert" trail we went back down to Boulder and road up and down along the river. There are some...how do I put this nicely...interesting people there! We watched the people tubing down the river and even dipped our feet in to cool off.
It was a pretty fun day!
Here are some pictures from the day:


We have smiles on our faces here because we hadn't started biking yet, and our butts were feeling comfortable. This is the parking lot that we saw the lady with the funny shorts.
Our camera isn't the greatest, but from the top of the mountain we were on you could see Boulder. I think those buildings are CU campus, but then again I'm not a tour guide. :)On the trail we ran right into this deer who didn't mind us stopping to take pictures.
Pretty...
Nice helmet hair huh?!?!



Now I'm starting to feel like a biking pro, but not until I get those padded spandex shorts...

1 comment:

Charline said...

I hate it after you ride yer bike and your butt feels like someone has been punching you in the cheeks! It's no good. I hear you on the big padded shorts and huge bike seat...