What's Happening In Lindsay's World???

I hope you enjoy the pictures that make me happy!
Love ya, Linds :)

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in Nebraska

We went to Nebraska this Thanksgiving to see Tim's family. It was so great to see everyone, and they were all excited to see how much Lilly has grown up. I took about a million pictures, but here are a few (okay...a lot) of my favorites.

Tim's family is mostly from Blue Hill and Hastings. Hastings has around 25,000 people and Blue Hill has around 850 (I can't remember the exact number on the population signs, but I think it's close). It's so fun going to small towns because I have always lived in big ones. I went to the local grocery store to get some eyeliner and they didn't even sell makeup. What? It's a cute little store though, and the baggers walk your groceries out for you (even if you only have a couple bags). I wish someone would do that for me at King Soopers! I also love that it only takes a minute to drive across town...I get so sick of driving here. Tim and I love to drive around and look at all the old houses. They are so neat, and all look so different. You don't see that much here...especially in our area.
The Piel family farm is in Blue Hill, and my favorite part of the town is the big neon blue sign along side the highway. It's all farmland out there so I think it's so funny they have a gigantic arrow because you wouldn't miss it :) It's such a cute little town.
Here's the farm...
My very, very favorite thing about the farm (other than family) is Jack. Jack is the donkey. There are also a couple horses, chickens, and a rooster. It's fun hearing all the animal noises!!! Roosters cock-a-doodle-dooing, chickens clucking, horses neighing, and Jack hee-hawing.


My favorite sound in the whole world is Jack hee-hawing. When Tim and I were dating I went back to Nebraska with him, and the first time I heard him hee-haw I just about peed my pants. I still crack up every time I hear it. I guess I knew they made that sound, but to hear it in person is a whole other experience!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.





This is Bingo. He is the sweetest dog in the whole world...Lilly crawled all over him and he didn't mind at all. Gramps and Lilly playing the keyboard. They were pretty good.
Uncle Bob and Lilly
Aunt Judy and Lilly
Uncle Keith and Lilly
Granny Piel and Lilly Lilly and Tim all bundled up...it was cold and windy on Thanksgiving.


After dinner everyone sat to "watch" t.v. After everyone woke up we took a family picture.

This is Tim's Grandma and Grandpa's house in Hastings. I took this picture as we were leaving, and I know it's hard to see, but they are in the window waving goodbye. So cute!!!
Brock and Grandma
SamanthaKissin' cousinsAfter dinner they all needed to take a bath so we threw them all in. They had fun!

Here's grandma and Lilly hangin out in their jammies.Grandpa and LillyAunt Pat, Kevin, Debbie, and Samantha at Samantha's school play.Uncle Ryan and Lilly reading a book. Startin' er early...hahaha.Uncle Denny and Aunt Janet's dogs (Copper and Libby)


We had so much fun! Hope you had a happy thanksgiving!!!

No comments: