What's Happening In Lindsay's World???

I hope you enjoy the pictures that make me happy!
Love ya, Linds :)

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Glenwood Springs

After a weekend of rest we packed the truck and camper up and headed to Glenwood Springs. We stayed at a little campground outside of town. It was a nice clean campground, but the spots were small and close to each other. Luckily, we were at the end of a row so we only had people on one side of us. It was right on the river (which freaked me out because of Lilly running all over) which was nice, but right on the other side were train tracks. Ahhh.... The stupid trains came every hour, on the hour through the night. It woke us up...and Lilly. Maybe we'll stay somewhere else next time...a little further from the train tracks.
Other than that it was a GREAT trip! Once again I took too many pictures, and I couldn't choose which ones to blog...so I posted about a million. Sorry!

Here's Lilly on the way up there...she was saying "cheese," and making her silly "cheese" face. Remember this picture...because I took one of her on the way home at the end of the trip and she wasn't so "alert."
She was laughing and singing the whole way there...
Here are a few scenic pics I took from the car. Check out these rapids!
Glenwood Canyon...
Here's our campsite...notice the river...very close... Here's Lilly "helping" set up...
Here's our set up at the hot springs pool...we sat in the grass under the trees...it was so nice...
This is a silly picture, but I thought it was funny because Lilly was chowing her sandwich...
Warming up in the sun...
Sitting by the river at camp...
Here's one of the 20+ trains that came by the camp...
Here's Tim teaching Lilly how to make a fire...hopefully she won't try this at home! :)
Gotta love the timer on the camera....
Our little goof ball...and her "cheese" face
On Tuesday we hiked up to Hanging Lake...it is the most beautiful place, but it is a STEEP 1.2 mile hike straight up the mountain. Poor Tim had Lilly on his back which made it even tougher for him. It was well worth the hike though.
Here's a few pics (scenic...and goofy) from the hike...
There were so many little waterfalls all the way up the mountain. I just think they are so amazing and beautiful!!! This was the scariest part of the hike...right before you got to the lake. It was SO high up...Tim thinks more than 500+ feet straight down. I can't believe I made it without having a heart attack!
Once we got to the top there were little chipmunks everywhere. Lilly liked them, but was a little weirded out when they got too close.
Here it is...pictures just don't do it justice...WOW!!!
This was just a huge crack in the rock wall on the hike...there was really cold air coming from it...pretty cool!
Another waterfall...
Back at camp...
Eatin' chocolate cookies...what a mess...
My favorite part of camping...CAMPFIRE!!!!
Here's a bunch of pics of us at the pool... Lilly absolutely loves the water! We bought her arm floaties thinking she would be too little for them, but she was a pro. She floated, jumped, and swam all by herself! She was obsessed with jumping off the edge of the pool into the water, and loved when we threw her in the air back and forth to each other.
Here's Lilly in the kiddie pool...she thought it was pretty cool because she could touch the bottom and walk around...
1 minute after she was strapped in the car she passed out...couldn't even hold her head up. Half an hour later she was awake...and NEVER stopped talking. She talked and sang the whole way home. :)

Yeah Glenwood!!!

No comments: