What's Happening In Lindsay's World???

I hope you enjoy the pictures that make me happy!
Love ya, Linds :)

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mary's Marathon

My best friend Mary completed the Denver Marathon today!!!! It was a 26 mile run, and she did wonderful. She finished in 4 hours and 45 minutes. I'm so proud of her. :)

She trained with "Team in Training," and they raised money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. A co-worker of ours, Deb Geary, had a son named Jason that passed away this year from cancer, and Mary ran in his honor. Deb and her husband Brad were there to cheer Mary on!

Jill, Jason, Kaylie, Tim, Lilly, my mom, and I went to the race to cheer Mary on. Here we are at the 15 1/2 mile mark to cheer her on. It's a blury picture, but Mary is the one in the middle with a purple tank top on.


The end of the race was in Civic Center Park, and we waited in front of the capitol to see Mary run by. At that point she had run 25ish miles. Wow! Here's Jill and I with our t-shirts and signs.
Lilly got a little antsy waiting so my mom walked her up the stairs to the capitol. It was such a picture perfect moment.
Kaylie and Lilly cheered her on from their strollers!
My mom and Lilly...
Here's Mary on the far right running past us at the 25ish mile mark.

After she ran by us we rushed over to see her cross the finish line. It gave me goose bumps.

Here she is with her boyfriend JD immediately after crossing the finish line. What an emotional moment. Her first words to me were..."That was stupid." I know she was joking, but I think she'll feel differently after she gets some rest!!! :) What an accomplishment!

Jill and I made t-shirts with Mary's picture on the front, and a picture of Jason on the back. Kaylie and Lilly had one too.
Here we are at the "Team in Training" tent after the race.

It must have felt so good to sit!!!


This is Mary's sister and Mom. Two of her brothers came too.

This is Mary, one of her teammates (I think she ran for Jason as well, but I'm not positive), and Deb Geary (Jason's mom). Jason's adorable niece is the one next to Mary. She was so cute...when she saw Jason's picture on our shirts she got so excited.


Yeah Mary!!!

Love you :)

Here's Lilly just hangin' out in her stroller with her straw hat on.

What a great day! Way to go Mary!!!

1 comment:

The Marsh Blog said...

Mary is so awesome...she IS the shit!! Can I just say, I love the Lindsay/Mary combo, you two are the cutest BFFs ever! Way to go Mary, we're so proud of you!!!